We invest in companies that have hidden potential. We partner with strong operators that have the desire to build multi-million dollar enterprises. We invest capital, offer strategic guidance, and provide resources that position managing teams to achieve scale.
We believe the difference between a small business and a multi-million dollar enterprise is 10% ability and 90% desire. We call ourselves “financial sponsors”, because we support the goals and aspirations of the managing team. We know finance and leave operations to the operators we sponsor.
The Lorean Group is a private investment firm based in Philadelphia, PA. The firm is led by Marcus Mayo, the founder and principal investor of Lorean Group. Marcus has a background in direct investment, business strategy, and leadership. Marcus has spent the majority of his career growing small businesses into multi-million dollar enterprises.
Prior to Lorean Group, Marcus founded Incubate Advisors, a small business investment firm and consultancy, focused on developing early stage entrepreneurs and building successful start-up enterprises. Prior to Incubate Advisors, Marcus worked at ICV Partners, a New York City based private equity fund focused on making control investments in the lower middle market. He also worked as a consultant for McKinsey & Company. Marcus is a graduate of Morehouse College with a degree in finance and economics.
Lorean Group manages capital for high net worth individuals. In addition, Lorean Group is sponsored by private equity funds with aggregate capital under management of +$1 billion and investment strategies that focus on the lower middle market.
If you have a business opportunity, thenContact us
- Between $500K - $5 million of revenues
- Recurring revenues via a repeat sales business model
- Long-term contracts or long product/ service lifecycles
- Stable profit margins
- B2B services companies that has relatively stable customer demand
- Long-standing relationships with diversified customer base
- Fragmented market with primarily local or regional competition
- Owners who demonstrate a high level of integrity and operate with clear values
- An entrepreneur looking for additional capital and management resources
- Non-management shareholders looking to divest their ownership
- A corporation looking to divest a non-core or neglected subsidiary of a larger business
Lorean Group invests in growing companies in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland. Lorean looks to investment in businesses based on specific themes that are aligned to market cycles.
Currently, Lorean Group is focused on making investments in companies that provide business and or financial services to B2B clients. However, regardless of the specific investment theme, there are specific characteristics that must be present in all businesses.